Providence, United States
Providence is the capital city of the Rhode Island. Providence is famous for a huge number of culturally and historically important sites. This city offers parks and zoos as well as a range of interesting museums and great restaurants.
Places to visit-
- Roger Williams Park-This Park includes the beautiful gardens, lakes, and greenhouses. For young children, it also offers train rides and playgrounds.
- Museum of Natural History and Planetarium- Its collection contains over 250,000 objects related to the natural world.
- Culinary Arts Museum-It is dedicated to the preservation and interpretation of culinary arts and hospitality heritage.
- Providence Performing Arts Center- It is a world-class theater featuring a full calendar of contemporary entertainment and Broadway shows.
- Roger Williams Park Zoo- It contains over 100 species of rare animals from all over the world.
- Trinity Repertory Company – It annually presents a calendar of world-class premieres and classic performances.
- The Providence Athenaeum- It is a unique and independent library and cultural center.
- John Brown House- It offers visitors an amazing glimpse of life in Rhode Island in the 18th century.
- Benefit Street ‘Mile of History’- If you want to see some of the gorgeous period architecture then you should visit this place.
- RISD Museum of Art- It is a must visit place for art lovers.
- Governor Henry Lippitt House
- Federal Hill- It provides huge number of delicious Italian restaurants and cafes.
Where to stay?
- Providence Marriott Downtown- This hotel provides free parking and connecting indoor/outdoor pools.
- Christopher Dodge House- Rooms of this hotel feature air conditioning, gas fireplace/wood stove, cable TV, Wi-Fi and private bathrooms.
- Omni Providence Hotel- It is located near Providence Place Mall and Dunkin Donuts Center. This smoke-free hotel features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool and a health club.